
Police are appealing for information after a man was stabbed at a park in Wigan.
Shortly before 5.30pm on Tuesday 3 April, Greater Manchester Police were called to reports that a man had been assaulted in Laithwaite Park.
The 33-year-old had been walking down a path when two men brushed past and told him to watch what he was doing.
They then assaulted the man repeatedly and as he ran away from the duo, he realised he had been stabbed twice.
The man reached a nearby pub on Harrison Street and called for help. He was then taken to hospital for treatment, where he remains in a serious condition.
Detective Inspector Graham Clare of GMP’s Wigan borough, said: “To be subject to this kind of assault, in broad daylight, is absolutely terrifying and I wish the man a speedy recovery.
“We are doing all we can to find the people responsible but need the public to come forward and help us with this.
“If you were around the park last night or saw something that stood out from the ordinary in the area yesterday evening, please share this information with police as soon as you can.”