
A pedestrian has been left with a serious head injury after being hit by a car in Hulme.
Emergency services were called out at 9.00pm on Sunday (8 April) to Monton Street. An Audi A4 had been driving along Moss Lane East before turning right on to Monton Street when the collision occurred.
The pedestrian, a 63-year-old woman, was taken to hospital where she is being treated for a serious head injury.
Greater Manchester Police said the driver remained at the scene to speak with officers and no arrests have been made.
Police Constable Paul Hailwood, of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “My thoughts are with the woman and her family as she receives treatment in hospital and we have specially trained officers supporting them through this ordeal.
“Part of Monton Street was closed for over 5 hours last night while investigation work was carried out and our enquiries to establish the exact circumstances around this collision remain ongoing.
“We believe there may have been a number of people that witnessed this collision but left the scene prior to police arrival and I would urge those people to please get in touch to help us piece together what happened.”